Llanfihangel Y Pennant  Caernarvonshire


In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanfihangel Y Pennant like this:

LLANFIHANGEL-Y-PENNANT, a parish, with a village, in the district of Festiniog, and county of Carnarvon; under Moel-Hebog, adjacent to the Carnarvons hire railway, 4 miles NW by N of Tremadoc. It includes the hamlet of Cenin; and its Post town is Tremadoc, under Carnarvon. Acres, 8,844. Real property, £1,736; of which £100 are in quarries. Pop. in 1851, 665; in 1861,753. Houses, 141. Brynkir is a chief residence. Moel-Hebog has an altitude of 2,584 feet. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bangor. Value, £127. Patron, the Bishop of Bangor. Charities, £3.

Llanfihangel Y Pennant through time

Llanfihangel Y Pennant is now part of Gwynedd district. Click here for graphs and data of how Gwynedd has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanfihangel Y Pennant itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanfihangel Y Pennant, in Gwynedd and Caernarvonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.


Date accessed: 23rd May 2022

Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanfihangel Y Pennant ".