Place:


Testerton  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Testerton like this:

TESTERTON, a parish in Walsingham district, Norfolk; 2 miles SE by S of Fakenham r. station. Post town, Fakenham. Acres, 613. Real property, £1,186. Pop., 12. Houses, 3. T. house belongs to the trustees of the late J. Morse, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £13. Patrons, Trustees. The church is in ruins.

Testerton through time

Testerton is now part of North Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Testerton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Testerton in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2623

Date accessed: 05th April 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Testerton ".