Place:


Lygan Y Llan  Flintshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lygan Y Llan like this:

LUGYN-Y-LLAN and LUGYN-Y-WERN, two townships in Halkin parish, Flintshire; 2 miles SW of Flint. Real property of L. y-L., £2,763; of which £1,831 are in mines. Real property of L. y-W., £1,461; of which £26 are in mines, and £10 in quarries. Pop., 689 and 576.

The location is the village of Halkin, as the Ordnance Survey 1:10,560 map of Flintshire of 1878, accessible via the old-maps.co.uk web site, shows the name "LYGAN Y LLAN" with the "Y" very close to the village's church. Additional information about this locality is available for Halkyn

Lygan Y Llan through time

Lygan Y Llan is now part of Flintshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Flintshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lygan Y Llan itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lygan Y Llan in Flintshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/26095

Date accessed: 27th November 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lygan Y Llan ".