Place:


Habergham  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Habergham like this:

HABERGHAM ALL SAINTS, a chapelry in Habergham-Eaves township, Whalley parish, Lancashire; in the south-western vicinity of Burnley town and r. station. It was constituted in 1845; and its post town is Burnley. Rated property, £5, 035. Pop., 2, 822. Houses, 503. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £150. Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop. The church is in the pointed style; and consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with porch and spire.

The location is that of Habergham All Saints church, as marked and named on the Ordnance Survey 1:10,560 map of Lancashire and Furness, of 1894-5, accessible on the www.old-maps.co.uk site. Additional information about this locality is available for Burnley

Habergham through time

Habergham is now part of Burnley district. Click here for graphs and data of how Burnley has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Habergham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Habergham, in Burnley and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/26044

Date accessed: 01st March 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Habergham ".