Place:


Greenodd  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Greenodd like this:

GREENODD, a village in Egton-cum-Newland chapelry, Ulverstone parish, Lancashire; on the Leven estuary, 3½ miles NNE of Ulverstone. It has a postoffice under Newton-in-Cartmel; has also a wharf and timber and coal yards.

Additional information about this locality is available for Egton

Greenodd through time

Greenodd is now part of South Lakeland district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Lakeland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Greenodd itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Greenodd, in South Lakeland and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/26041

Date accessed: 14th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Greenodd ".