Place:


Glodwick  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Glodwick like this:

GLODWICK, a chapelry in Prestwich parish, Lancashire; in the south-eastern vicinity of Oldham town and r. station. It was constituted in 1844; and its post town is Oldham. Pop., 7, 200. Houses, 1, 379. The property is not much divided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £300.* Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop. The church is good.

Additional information about this locality is available for Prestwich

Glodwick through time

Glodwick is now part of Oldham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Oldham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Glodwick itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Glodwick, in Oldham and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/26037

Date accessed: 17th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Glodwick ".