Place:


Coldhurst  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Coldhurst like this:

COLDHURST, a chapelry in Oldham township, Prestwich parish, Lancashire; in the north-eastern neighbourhood of Manchester. It was constituted in 1844. Post town, Oldham. Pop., 3, 046. Houses, 555. The living is a vicarage in-the diocese of Manchester. Value, £150. Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop. The church is good.

The location is where the name "Coldhurst" appears on the modern 1:25,000 map. "Coldhurst Hall" is marked nearby on our nineteenth century First Series map, somewhat illegibly. Additional information about this locality is available for Oldham

Coldhurst through time

Coldhurst is now part of Oldham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Oldham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Coldhurst itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Coldhurst, in Oldham and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/26027

Date accessed: 25th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Coldhurst ".