Place:


Woodmancote  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Woodmancote like this:

WOODMANCOTE, a chapelry in Dursley parish, Gloucester; near Dursley r. station. Post town, Dursley. The statistics are not separately returned. The manor belongs to G. H. Bengough, Esq. The living is annexed to Dursley. The church is recent, and in the early English style. There are an endowed school and six alms houses.

Additional information about this locality is available for Dursley

Woodmancote through time

Woodmancote is now part of Stroud district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stroud has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Woodmancote itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Woodmancote, in Stroud and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/26004

Date accessed: 29th November 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Woodmancote ".