Place:


Gretton  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Gretton like this:

GRETTON, a chapelry in Winchcombe parish, Gloucester; 2 miles NNW of Winchcombe, and 4½ SSE of Beckford r. station. Post town, Winchcombe, under Cheltenham. Real property, £2, 171. Pop. returned with the parish. The living is a p. curacy, Annexed to the vicarage of Winchcombe, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. There are a church and a Wesleyan chapel.

Additional information about this locality is available for Winchcombe

Gretton through time

Gretton is now part of Tewkesbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how Tewkesbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Gretton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Gretton, in Tewkesbury and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25997

Date accessed: 16th August 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Gretton ".