Place:


Chavenage  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Chavenage like this:

CHAVERIDGE, or Chevenage, a hamlet in Horsley parish, Gloucester; 2 miles NW of Tetbury. It has a chapel, served by a curate, with salary of £50, appointed by the lord of the manor. Chaveridge House is a Tudor edifice; was built by the Stephenses; and passed to the Phelpses. Chevenage Green is a meet for the Beaufort hounds.

Additional information about this locality is available for Horsley

Chavenage through time

Chavenage is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Chavenage itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Chavenage, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25992

Date accessed: 18th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Chavenage ".