Place:


Hendrefigillt  Flintshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hendrefigillt like this:

HENDREFIGILT, a township in Halkin parish, Flintshire; 2 miles SW of Flint. Real property, £1, 058; of which £40 are in mines, and £20 in quarries. Pop., 548.

The location is where the name "Hendrefigillt" appears on the Ordnance Survey 1:10,560 map of 1878, as accessible on the old-maps.co.uk web site (accessed 6 Nov 2011). Additional information about this locality is available for Halkyn

Hendrefigillt through time

Hendrefigillt is now part of Flintshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Flintshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hendrefigillt itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hendrefigillt in Flintshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25989

Date accessed: 24th May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hendrefigillt ".