Place:


Abridge  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Abridge like this:

ABRIDGE, a village in Lambourne parish, Essex; on the river Roding., 5 miles S of Epping. It has a post office under Romford, and a fair on 2 June; and it forms a curacy with the rectory of Lambourne.

Additional information about this locality is available for Lambourne

Abridge through time

Abridge is now part of Epping Forest district. Click here for graphs and data of how Epping Forest has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Abridge itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Abridge, in Epping Forest and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25982

Date accessed: 17th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Abridge ".