Place:


Trent  Derbyshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Trent like this:

TRENT, a r. station with telegraph in the E of Derbyshire; on the Midland line from Derby, at the forking of the lines toward Nottingham and Leicester, 8½ miles ESE of Derby. A middle-class college was founded in its vicinity in the latter part of 1866, and was estimated to cost £20,000.

Additional information about this locality is available for Long Eaton

Trent through time

Trent is now part of Erewash district. Click here for graphs and data of how Erewash has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Trent itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Trent, in Erewash and Derbyshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25960

Date accessed: 06th June 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Trent ".