Place:


Stavordale  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stavordale like this:

STAVORDALE, a place adjacent to Bruton, in Somerset. It gives the title of Baron to the Earl of Ilchester; and it had an Augustinian canonry, founded in the time of Henry III., rebuilt in 1443, and now partly destroyed and partly incorporated with a farmhouse.

Additional information about this locality is available for Charlton Musgrove

Stavordale through time

Stavordale is now part of South Somerset district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Somerset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stavordale itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stavordale in South Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25896

Date accessed: 26th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stavordale ".