Place:


Rhes Y Cae  Flintshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Rhes Y Cae like this:

RHESYCAE, a chapelry in Cilcen, Halkin, and Ysceifiog parishes, Flint; under the Halkin mountains, 4½ miles S W of Holywell r. station. It was constituted in 1848; and it has a post-office under Holywell. Pop.in 1861, 627. Houses, 138. Pop. of the H. portion, 441; of the Y. portion, 115. The property is much sub-divided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, not reported.* Patron, the Bishop of St. Asaph. The church is tolerable.

Additional information about this locality is available for Halkyn

Rhes Y Cae through time

Rhes Y Cae is now part of Flintshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Flintshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Rhes Y Cae itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Rhes Y Cae in Flintshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25803

Date accessed: 29th November 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Rhes Y Cae ".