Place:


Wycombe Marsh  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wycombe Marsh like this:

WYCOMBE (Marsh), a chapelry in Wycombe parish, Bucks; 1½ mile from Wycombe r. station. It was constituted in 1861; and its Post town is Wycombe. The statistics are not separately returned. The church was built in 1861, and is in the early English style.

Additional information about this locality is available for High Wycombe

Wycombe Marsh through time

Wycombe Marsh is now part of Wycombe district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wycombe has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wycombe Marsh itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wycombe Marsh, in Wycombe and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25797

Date accessed: 10th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wycombe Marsh ".