Place:


Kings Weston  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kings Weston like this:

KINGS-WESTON, a tything in Henbury parish, Gloucester; on the river Avon, at the boundary with Somerset, 3 miles NW of Bristol. Real property, £3, 345. Pop., 216. Houses, 29. Kings-Weston House was the seat of Lord De Clifford; belongs now to the Miles family; is a three story edifice, by Vanbrugh; and has a remarkably beautiful park, almost including Penpole hill, which commands a very fine view.

Additional information about this locality is available for Henbury

Kings Weston through time

Kings Weston is now part of Bristol district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bristol has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kings Weston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kings Weston, in Bristol and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25793

Date accessed: 24th June 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kings Weston ".