Place:


Patricroft  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Patricroft like this:

PATRICROFT, a village in Barton-upon-Irwell township, Eccles parish, Lancashire; on the Liverpool and Manchester railway, near the Bridgewater canal and the river Irwell, 4½ miles W of Manchester. It has a station on the railway, a post-office‡ under Manchester, a recently-constructed iron church, a British school, acotton mill, a quilting factory, silk-throwing and weaving mills, machine works, an iron-foundry, and manyprivate residences.

Additional information about this locality is available for Barton upon Irwell

Patricroft through time

Patricroft is now part of Salford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Salford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Patricroft itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Patricroft, in Salford and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25765

Date accessed: 29th November 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Patricroft ".