Place:


Cae Coch  Caernarvonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cae Coch like this:

CAE-COCH, a spa on the E border of Carnarvon; in the vale of the Conway, in the vicinity of Trefriw, adjacent to the Conway and Llanrwst railway, 3 miles N of Llanrwst. It is called also the Vale of Conway spa. A neat hotel and other houses for visitors have been built; and a great number of invalids have recently come hither.

The location is that of Plas Cae Coch, Trefriw LL27 0JS, as given by Google Maps. Additional information about this locality is available for Trefriw

Cae Coch through time

Cae Coch is now part of Conwy district. Click here for graphs and data of how Conwy has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cae Coch itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cae Coch, in Conwy and Caernarvonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25721

Date accessed: 17th June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Cae Coch".