Place:


Pontrhydfen  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pontrhydfen like this:

PONTRHYDYVEN, a hamlet in the centre of Glamorgan; on the river Avon, 5 miles N N E of Aberavon. It has a post-office under Taibach. A water-wheel hereis driven by a stream brought from the opposite side of the valley, on a stone aqueduct 460 feet long.

Additional information about this locality is available for Michaelstone super Avon

Pontrhydfen through time

Pontrhydfen is now part of Neath Port Talbot district. Click here for graphs and data of how Neath Port Talbot has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Pontrhydfen itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pontrhydfen, in Neath Port Talbot and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25693

Date accessed: 22nd May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Pontrhydfen ".