Place:


Port Tennant  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Port Tennant like this:

PORT-TENNANT, a suburb of Swansea, in Glamorgan; on the E side of Swansea harbour, at the terminus of the Swansea and Neath canal, 1 mile E of the centre of Swansea. It has a post-office under Swansea, and copper-works.

Additional information about this locality is available for Swansea

Port Tennant through time

Port Tennant is now part of Swansea district. Click here for graphs and data of how Swansea has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Port Tennant itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Port Tennant, in Swansea and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25692

Date accessed: 27th February 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Port Tennant ".