Place:


Lower Whitley  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lower Whitley like this:

WHITLEY (Lower), a chapelry in Great Budworth parish, Cheshire; consisting of W.-Inferior and W.-Superior townships. Acres, 2,129. Pop., 578. Houses, 115. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £130.* Patron, Sir J. M. L. Chetwode, Bart. The church is in W.-Inferior, and was improved in 1865. A national school also is there; and a Wesleyan chapel is in W.-Superior.

Lower Whitley through time

Lower Whitley is now part of Vale Royal district. Click here for graphs and data of how Vale Royal has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lower Whitley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lower Whitley, in Vale Royal and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2568

Date accessed: 27th November 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lower Whitley ".