Place:


Fonmon  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Fonmon like this:

FONMON, a village in Penmark parish, Glamorgan; near the coast, 5¼ miles SE of Cowbridge. Fonmon Castle is a late Norman or early English edifice; belonged to the St. Johns of Bletsoe; passed by sale to Col. Philip Jones, the famous Cromwellian leader; and is now the seat of R. O. Jones, Esq. Fonmon was often visited by John Wesley.

Additional information about this locality is available for Pen Marc

Fonmon through time

Fonmon is now part of The Vale of Glamorgan district. Click here for graphs and data of how The Vale of Glamorgan has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Fonmon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Fonmon in The Vale of Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25655

Date accessed: 31st May 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Fonmon ".