Place:


East Crompton  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described East Crompton like this:

CROMPTON (East), a chapelry in Crompton township, Prestwich parish, Lancashire, constituted in 1835. Post town, Shaw, under Oldham. Rated property, £6, 446. Pop., 3, 414. Houses, 693. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the dio. of Manchester. Value, £150. Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop. The church was built in 1847; and schools in 1857.

The location is that of St. James's church, East Crompton. Additional information about this locality is available for Crompton

East Crompton through time

East Crompton is now part of Oldham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Oldham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about East Crompton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of East Crompton, in Oldham and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25641

Date accessed: 17th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " East Crompton ".