Place:


Dendron  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Dendron like this:

DENDRON, a chapelry in Aldingham parish, Lancashire; near the Furness railway, 2 miles SE of Dalton-in-Furness. Post town, Dalton-in-Furness, Lancashire. Statistics, with the parish. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Carlisle. Value, £80. Patron, the Rector of Aldingham. The church is good.

Additional information about this locality is available for Aldingham

Dendron through time

Dendron is now part of South Lakeland district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Lakeland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Dendron itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Dendron, in South Lakeland and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25639

Date accessed: 17th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Dendron ".