Place:


Rashcliffe  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Rashcliffe like this:

RASHCLIFFE, a chapelry in Almondbury parish, W. R. Yorkshire; near Huddersfield r. station. It was constituted in 1864; and its post town is Huddersfield. Pop., 4, 140. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £150.* Patron, the Incumbent of Lock-wood. The church was built in 1864, at a cost of £2, 300; is in the decorated English style and cruciform; and has a S W tower and spire.

The location is that of the church of St Stephen, Rashcliffe, Huddersfield. Additional information about this locality is available for Huddersfield

Rashcliffe through time

Rashcliffe is now part of Kirklees district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kirklees has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Rashcliffe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Rashcliffe, in Kirklees and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25625

Date accessed: 17th June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Rashcliffe".