Place:


Oare  Berkshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Oare like this:

OARE, a chapelry in Chieveley parish, Berks; 2½ miles E of Chieveley village, and 5½ N by W of Thatcham r.station. Post-town, Chieveley, under Newbury. The statistics are returned with the parish. The living is ap. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Chieveley, in the diocese of Oxford. The church is later English, has a bell-turret. and was recently restored. There is a Quakers' burying-ground, long disused.

Additional information about this locality is available for Chieveley

Oare through time

Oare is now part of West Berkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Berkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Oare itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Oare in West Berkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25614

Date accessed: 29th July 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Oare ".