Place:


Ackhampstead  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ackhampstead like this:

ASHAMPSTEAD, or Ackhampstead, a chapelry in the parish of Lewknor and counties of Oxford and Buckingham; 3¼ miles NW of Great Marlow, and 3¾ WSW of wycombe r. station. The part of it known as Stutridge and Cadmore-End is in Oxford; and the part known as the Moor and Finnemoor is in Bucks. Post Town, Lewknor under Tetsworth. Pop., 356. The living bears the name also of Cadmore-End; and is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £150.* Patrons, the Bishop of Oxford two turns, and All-Souls College one turn.

Ackhampstead through time

Ackhampstead is now part of Wycombe district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wycombe has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ackhampstead itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ackhampstead, in Wycombe and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25603

Date accessed: 10th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ackhampstead ".