Place:


Lackham  Wiltshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lackham like this:

LACKHAM, a seat in the NW of Wilts; near the Wilts and Berks canal, 2 miles S of Chippenham. It belonged, at the Conquest, to William de Ewe; passed to the Baynards; and belongs now to G. Montague, Esq., the ornithologist.

Additional information about this locality is available for Lacock

Lackham through time

Lackham is now part of North Wiltshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Wiltshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lackham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lackham in North Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25564

Date accessed: 04th December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lackham ".