Place:


Woodside  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Woodside like this:

WOODSIDE, a chapelry, chiefly in Guiseley parish, but partly also in Leeds and Addle parishes, W. R. Yorkshire; near Horsforth r. station, and 5 miles NW by W of Leeds. It was constituted in 1845; and its Post town is Horsforth, under Leeds. Pop. in 1861, 2,815. Houses, 568. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £150.* Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop. The church is in the decorated English style.

Additional information about this locality is available for Horsforth

Woodside through time

Woodside is now part of Leeds district. Click here for graphs and data of how Leeds has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Woodside itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Woodside, in Leeds and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25534

Date accessed: 27th May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Woodside ".