Place:


Rampside  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Rampside like this:

RAMPSIDE, a village and a chapelry in Dalton-in-Furness parish, Lancashire. The village stands on the coast, 1 mile N N E of Peel r. station, and 5¼ S by E of Dalton; consists of a few scattered dwellings; is coming into some repute as a watering-place; and has a post-office under Ulverstone, and an inn. The chapelry has no defined limits. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Carlisle. Value, £105* Patron, the Vicar of Dalton. The church is old but good; and there is a national school.

Additional information about this locality is available for Dalton in Furness

Rampside through time

Rampside is now part of Barrow in Furness district. Click here for graphs and data of how Barrow in Furness has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Rampside itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Rampside, in Barrow in Furness and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25519

Date accessed: 17th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Rampside ".