Place:


Kelbrook  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kelbrook like this:

KELBROOK, a chapelry in Thornton-in-Craven parish, W. R. Yorkshire; on the Colne and Skipton railway, adjacent to Lancashire, 1½ mile NE of Foulridge r. station and 3 NNE of Colne. Post town, Colne. Pop., about 1, 100. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £180.* Patron, Wilson, Esq. The church was built in 1838; is in the pointed style; and consists of nave, aisles, and transept, with porch and tower. There are a Methodist chapel and a national school..

Additional information about this locality is available for Thornton in Craven

Kelbrook through time

Kelbrook is now part of Pendle district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pendle has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kelbrook itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kelbrook, in Pendle and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25489

Date accessed: 27th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kelbrook ".