Place:


West Milton  Dorset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Milton like this:

MILTON (WEST), a chapelry in Poorstock parish, Dorset; on the river Asker, 1½ mile W by N of Poorstock r. station, and 3½ NE by N of Bridport. Posttown, Poorstock, under Bridport. Rated property, about £1,000. Pop., 244. The property is much subdivided. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Poorstock, in the diocese of Salisbury. The church is ancient.

Additional information about this locality is available for Powerstock

West Milton through time

West Milton is now part of West Dorset district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Dorset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about West Milton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Milton in West Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25413

Date accessed: 22nd September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " West Milton ".