Place:


Woolstone  Berkshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Woolstone like this:

WOOLSTONE, a township-chapelry in Uffington parish, Berks; 1½ mile S of Uffington r. station. Post town, Uffington, under Faringdon. Acres, 1,674. Real property, £2,542. Pop., 256. Houses, 57. The manor belongs to the Earl of Craven. W. Lodge is the seat of G. B. Bruce, Esq. Many Roman antiquities have been found. The living is annexed to Baulking. The church is Norman.

Woolstone through time

Woolstone is now part of Vale of White Horse district. Click here for graphs and data of how Vale of White Horse has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Woolstone itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Woolstone, in Vale of White Horse and Berkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2539

Date accessed: 21st June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Woolstone".