Place:


Hopwas  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hopwas like this:

HOPWAS, a hamlet-chapelry in Wigginton township, Tamworth parish and borough, Stafford; near the confluence of the Tame and the Anker, and near the Trent Valley railway, 2 miles NW of Tamworth. Post town, Tamworth. Pop., 277. Houses, 70. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Tamworth, in the diocese of Lichfield. There is an endowed school.

Additional information about this locality is available for Wiggington

Hopwas through time

Hopwas is now part of Lichfield district. Click here for graphs and data of how Lichfield has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hopwas itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hopwas, in Lichfield and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25350

Date accessed: 03rd December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hopwas ".