Place:


Moulsford  Berkshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Moulsford like this:

MOULSFORD, a village and a parish in Wallingford district, Berks. The village stands on the river Thames at the boundary with Oxford, ¾ of a mile S of Wallingford-Road r. station, and 3½ S by W of Wallingford; and has a post office under Wallingford. The parish comprises 1,429 acres. ...


Real property, £1,707. Pop., 180. Houses, 35. The property belongs to H. B. Morrell, Esq. A bridge of two brick arches, each 62 feet in span, here crosses the Thames. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £60. * Patron, H. B. Morell, Esq. The church is in the modern decorated English style, and has a wooden tower. Charities, £7. Bishop Barrington was a resident.

Moulsford through time

Moulsford is now part of South Oxfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Oxfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Moulsford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Moulsford, in South Oxfordshire and Berkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2531

Date accessed: 27th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Moulsford ".