Place:


Penybont  Radnorshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Penybont like this:

PENYBONT, a village in Llanbadarn-fawr parish, Radnor; on the river Ithon, and on the Knighton and Central Wales railway, 7 miles W N W of New Radnor. It has a station on the railway, a post-office under Rhayader, an inn, a suspension bridge, a Calvinistic Methodistchapel, and fairs on 12 May, 27 Sept., and 26 Oct. P. Hall is the seat of J.Severn, Esq.

Additional information about this locality is available for Llandeglau

Penybont through time

Penybont is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Penybont itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Penybont, in Powys and Radnorshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25307

Date accessed: 26th November 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Penybont ".