Place:


Northway  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Northway like this:

NORTHWAY, a hamlet and a tything in Ash church parish, Gloucester. The hamlet lies 2 miles E N E of Tewkesbury. The tything contains also the hamlet of Newton, and bears the name of Northway and Newton. Real property, £5, 750. Pop., 230.

Additional information about this locality is available for Ashchurch

Northway through time

Northway is now part of Tewkesbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how Tewkesbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Northway itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Northway, in Tewkesbury and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25298

Date accessed: 18th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Northway ".