Place:


Kingston Blount  Oxfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kingston Blount like this:

KINGSTON-BLOUNT, a township in Aston-Rowant parish, Oxford; 4¼ miles NE of Watlington. It contains the hamlet of Kingston-Stirt; and it has a postoffice under Tetsworth, and an Independent chapel. Real property, £1, 756. Pop., 550.

Additional information about this locality is available for Aston Rowant

Kingston Blount through time

Kingston Blount is now part of South Oxfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Oxfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kingston Blount itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kingston Blount in South Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25292

Date accessed: 20th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kingston Blount ".