Place:


Serlby  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Serlby like this:

SERLBY, a hamlet in Harworth parish, Notts; on the river Idle, 2 miles N N E of Blyth. The manor belonged to Alured the Saxon; passed to Roger de Busli, the Mowbrays, the Serlbys, and others; and, with S. Hall, belongs now to Viscount Galway.

Additional information about this locality is available for Harworth

Serlby through time

Serlby is now part of Bassetlaw district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bassetlaw has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Serlby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Serlby, in Bassetlaw and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25283

Date accessed: 25th June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Serlby".