Place:


Drayton House  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Drayton House like this:

DRAYTON HOUSE, a seat 2 miles NW of Thrapston, in Northamptonshire. It was built in the time of Henry VI., by the Greens; and it passed to the Sackvilles and the Stopfords. Part of a Roman pavement was found at it in 1736.

Additional information about this locality is available for Lowick

Drayton House through time

Drayton House is now part of East Northamptonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Northamptonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Drayton House itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Drayton House in East Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25257

Date accessed: 23rd November 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Drayton House ".