Place:


Penclawdd  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Penclawdd like this:

PENCLAWDD, a chapelry, with a village, in Llan-rhidian parish, Glamorgan; in the Gower peninsula, 2¼ miles S W by S of Loghor r. .station. It has a post-office under Swansea. The statistics are returned with the parish. There are collieries and copper-works, with acanal running to the Burry estuary. The living is annexed to the vicarage of Llanrhidian, in the diocese of St. David's.

Additional information about this locality is available for Llanrhidian

Penclawdd through time

Penclawdd is now part of Swansea district. Click here for graphs and data of how Swansea has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Penclawdd itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Penclawdd, in Swansea and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25174

Date accessed: 06th June 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Penclawdd ".