Place:


Tan Y Bwlch  Merionethshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tan Y Bwlch like this:

TANYBWLCH, a hamlet in Llanfrothen parish, Merioneth: on a hillside, 8½ miles NE of Harlech. It has a post-office under Carnarvon, an inn, and a Calvinistic Methodist chapel; and it command s a fine view over the vale of Festiniog. Plâs-Madoc, the fine seat of the Oakleys, with beautiful grounds, is adjacent.

Additional information about this locality is available for Ffestiniog

Tan Y Bwlch through time

Tan Y Bwlch is now part of Gwynedd district. Click here for graphs and data of how Gwynedd has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tan Y Bwlch itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tan Y Bwlch, in Gwynedd and Merionethshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25164

Date accessed: 23rd May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tan Y Bwlch ".