Place:


Woodland  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Woodland like this:

WOODLAND and HEATHWAITE, a chapelry, with a r. station, in Kirkby-Ireleth parish, Lancashire; on the Coniston railway, 3½ miles NNE of Broughton-in-Furness. Post town, Broughton-in-Furness, under Ulverstone. Rated property, £603. Pop., 303. The property is subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Carlisle. Value, £68. Patrons, the Land-owners. The church is good.

Additional information about this locality is available for Kirkby Ireleth

Woodland through time

Woodland is now part of South Lakeland district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Lakeland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Woodland itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Woodland, in South Lakeland and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25146

Date accessed: 29th November 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Woodland ".