Place:


Beaudesert  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Beaudesert like this:

BEAUDESERT PARK, a seat of the Marquis of Anglesey in Cannock chase, Stafford; 4 miles NW of Lichfield. The Marquis takes from it the title of Baron. The mansion is a stately old Tudor edifice; and the park is large and noble. Castle-Hill camp, within the grounds, was the site of an ancient royal hunting-seat; and commands a very extensive view.

Additional information about this locality is available for Longdon

Beaudesert through time

Beaudesert is now part of Lichfield district. Click here for graphs and data of how Lichfield has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Beaudesert itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Beaudesert, in Lichfield and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25104

Date accessed: 27th May 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Beaudesert".