Place:


Over  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Over like this:

OVER, a hamlet in Churcham parish, Gloucestershire; at the junction of the Hereford canal with the river Severn, 1 mile N W of Gloucester. Pop., 144. Houses, 19. A Roman settlement was here; and a bridge, built in 1829, and kept in repair at the expense of the county, here spans the Severn.

Additional information about this locality is available for Churcham

Over through time

Over is now part of Tewkesbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how Tewkesbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Over itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Over, in Tewkesbury and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25043

Date accessed: 03rd December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Over ".