Place:


Ravensden  Bedfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ravensden like this:

RAVENSDEN, a parish, with a village, in the district and county of Bedford; 4¼ miles N E by N of Bedford r. station. Post-town, Bedford. Acres, 2, 160. Real property, £2, 328. Pop. in 1851, 371; in 1861, 477. Houses, 85. The property is subdivided. R. House is the seat of F. Wythes, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £120. Patron, the Rev. Dr. Sier. The church is ancient but good, and has a tower. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a national school.

Ravensden through time

Ravensden is now part of Bedford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bedford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ravensden itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ravensden, in Bedford and Bedfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2504

Date accessed: 29th November 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ravensden ".