Place:


Newland  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Newland like this:

NEWLAND, a hamlet in Exhall parish, Warwick; 4¼ miles N of Coventry. This was an outwood of the monks of Coventry; was given, at the dissolution, to severalparties; passed to Stephen Hales, Esq.; and belongs now to Misses Vaughton.

Additional information about this locality is available for Exhall

Newland through time

Newland is now part of Nuneaton and Bedworth district. Click here for graphs and data of how Nuneaton and Bedworth has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Newland itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Newland, in Nuneaton and Bedworth and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24996

Date accessed: 29th June 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Newland ".