Place:


Staincliffe and Ewcross  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Staincliffe and Ewcross like this:

STAINCLIFFE AND EWCROSS, a wapentake on the NW side of W. R. Yorkshire; containing 25 parishes, and parts of 3 others; and cut into two divisions, E and W. Acres, 165,555 and 284,491. Pop. in 1851, 51,812 and 25,746; in 1861, 75,879. Houses, 15,823.

Staincliffe and Ewcross through time

Staincliffe and Ewcross is now part of Craven district. Click here for graphs and data of how Craven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Staincliffe and Ewcross itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Staincliffe and Ewcross, in Craven and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24989

Date accessed: 24th April 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Staincliffe and Ewcross".