Place:


Blue Anchor  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Blue Anchor like this:

BLUE ANCHOR, a hamlet in Old Cleeve parish, Somerset; on Bridgewater bay, 2 miles W of Watchet. It occupies a rising-ground, with a brilliant prospect: and is a small watering-place, with a hotel.

Additional information about this locality is available for Old Cleeve

Blue Anchor through time

Blue Anchor is now part of West Somerset district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Somerset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Blue Anchor itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Blue Anchor in West Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24971

Date accessed: 28th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Blue Anchor ".